1. What kind of reader are these manuals written for?
Our books are written for a non-technical user who has had their store installed for them (and we give you lists of web hosts who install for you for free). You will make changes to your website by typing answers in a form, and we tell you what to put in the forms. Each task has a "difficulty rating" so you know before you start if you should try that task. If you can fill in a form on the web, you can successfully use our books.
2. What does "Open Source" mean, anyway and isn't it free?
The word "free" in most open source licenses actually means "free for programmers to look at and modify." Open Source means it is a community project of a group of programmers who donate their work for the joy of programming. Many people believe that a synergy takes place in open source creating a better product than a single company could do alone. Open Source software is often free, but some charge a modest fee because it includes extras like support or updates.
3. I am an OSC user in (Country Name). Will the Ebook work for me?
The books are written in clear English with many screenshots and simple instructions. If you can read simple English, this book will probably meet your needs.
4. How do I download my book?
As soon as you finish payment, you will see a page with the download link. If for any reason you do not see it, just click in the top right of the page MY ACCOUNT, and then click MY DOWNLOADS.
5. I am a MACINTOSH (or LINUX) user. Will the electronic books work for me?
- If you are a MACINTOSH user you're in luck! All of our ebooks are compatible with MACINTOSH.
- If you are a LINUX user, the best solution is to purchase the paperback.
6. I prefer to read a book printed on paper. Will I be able to print my Ebook?
Yes. It will print in full color, unlike the paperbacks, but some cheap printers that cannot "scale to fit page" may have difficulty.
If you cannot get the ebook to print on your printer, you can purchase a paperback on Amazon.com
7. What is the difference between a Forum or Wiki Documentation and these manuals?
Most of the solutions offered on forums are geared for experienced programmers who know the PHP and MySQL programming languages. Their answers can appear cryptic, especially when a "newbie" or new user asks the basic questions that everyone MUST ask to learn the program. While it is possible to learn the program this way, it might also drive you crazy.
8. Do you sell paperbacks? Accept any other payment methods? Expedited shipping? Foreign Shipping?
Yes, yes, yes! If you order directly from Amazon.com you may use ANY of the many payment methods that Amazon accepts, have the paperback shipped to a foreign country and/or on an expedited basis. Amazon sells ALL of our paperback manuals.
9. Do you have an Affiliate Program or Wholesale Discounts?
If you want to buy 10 or more books, you may be interested in our Wholesale program. Wholesale purchasers buy minimum lots of 10 books at very good prices and provide their customers download and support from their own websites. We have an excellent "Wholesalers Starter Kit" with some excellent incentives to get started. Please contact us for more information.
10. I am an IPAD/Tablet PC/Kindle user. Will this ebook work for me?
No, our ebooks do not work with IPAD/Tablet PC/Kindle's at this time. We are working on it, honestly! You may want to purchase the paperback from Amazon.com.
We welcome your questions for this FAQ so you can help others understand OSC programs and our books better. Please submit your own question for the FAQ.